So some of my followers have been asking me to post some recipes since I haven't posted them in a while so I thought I'd start the New Year with a couple of delicious things that everyone would love! For the New Year's party I went to this year, I made these adorable palmiers filled with pesto, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese. They were a huge hit at the party! In fact...ladies, one person upon eating them asked me if my boyfriend had proposed to me yet. I guess it is true that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach! But in the case of these palmiers, these are little tastes of heaven that everyone enjoys.
|The ingredients you will need.|
|Sprinkle pesto, goat cheese, and sundried tomatoes on a puff pastry sheet.|
|Roll up the puff pastry and cut into slices.|
|Deliciousness in a fun shape.|
- 1 package frozen Pepperidge Farm puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/4 cup of pesto either store bought or homemade pesto.
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Lightly flour a board and unfold 1 sheet of the puff pastry.
- Roll the pastry lightly with a rolling pin until its 9.5 by 11.5 inches.
- Spread the sheet of puff pastry with half the pesto.
- Then sprinkle with half the goat cheese and half the sundried tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Working from the short ends, fold each end halfway to the center. Then fold each side again towards the center until the folded edges almost touch. Fold one side over the other and press lightly.
- Repeat the entire instructions with the second piece of puff pastry and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the prepared rolls of puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them face up 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 14 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
recipe courtesy of Ina Garten