Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a great New Year and is getting an excellent start to the New Year. I thought I'd start off Taltalsays this year by posting my perfect pesto recipe. Pesto is such a fresh tasting sauce/condiment and it's not just for pasta anymore! I use it in a bunch of different recipes and I think its a perfect compliment to a dinner dish. Here is my recipe:
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 9 cloves of chopped garlic
- 5 cups of fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place walnuts and garlic in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process for 30 seconds.
- Add basil leaves salt and pepper.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour the olive oil in using the feed tube and process until pesto is pureed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and puree for 1 minute.