I'm hoping all my followers had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the leftovers as much as I did! This year I poked up all my leftovers and made a colossal turkey day sandwich that makes you wish Thanksgiving was every day.
When I say this sandwich is a colossal monster, I'm not kidding. I made this a triple decker sandwich so I could fit all my favorite side dishes into it.
I used oat nut bread and toasted it a bit. You can use your favorite kind of bread, but I find grainy breads like wheat bread go better with the flavors in the rest of the sandwich.
I like warm sandwiches so I heated everything up, including the turkey. To the sandwich, I added stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry mayo, which I made by mixing leftover cranberry sauce with some mayonnaise. All the recipes for these sides can be found on my post on last year's Thanksgiving: http://www.taltalsays.com/2014/11/thanksgiving.html?m=1.
Here's how I assembled my sandwich...
1. Mix 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
2. Toast 3 pieces of desired bread. Spread the cranberry mayonnaise on each slice.
3. Warm the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
4. Start assembling! To the first slice of bread, spread first the stuffing, then the mashed potatoes, and then some turkey.
5. Top this with the second slice of bread and repeat step 4. Top that with the last slice of bread.
Post a Comment