The other night, I decided to have some friends over to watch movies and I wanted to have some really delicious treats for us to snack on. I had an extra large jar of Nutella and decided to use it to make a cheesecake. I cut up the cheesecake into small bar in order for it to be portable/hand held for everyone to easily eat.
I used Oreos for the crust instead of graham crackers because...well, who can't get enough of chocolate? So I layered the cheesecake into 3 levels: the Oreo crust, plain cheesecake, and Nutella cheesecake.
|3 layers of deliciousness: Oreo crust, plain cheesecake, and Nutella cheesecake.|
- 2 cups of Oreo crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 16 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature (very important!)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and butter an 8x8 baking dish and line with parchment paper making sure the parchment is well pressed in the corners.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until they become crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until moistened. Press Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish and bake until the crust is set about 12 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and vanilla until its smooth. Put 2/3 of the mixture in a bowl and set aside. Add Nutella and a tablespoon of heavy cream to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Pulse until smooth.
- To assemble, spread the plain cheesecake mixture over the cooled Oreo crust. Then pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer and spread evenly.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 35 minutes or until the center slightly jiggles.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack. Then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, lift the cheesecake out of the pan and cut into 16 squares and serve.