The other day, I was feeling inspired by some Pinterest pictures of breakfast foods and I came across an egg cup picture I thought was so adorable so I decided to attempt making it. What's better than bacon and eggs for breakfast all rolled into a cup sized treat? They turned out very good...both for the tastebuds and the eyes!
- Unsalted butter
- White or wheat toast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cupcake or muffin tin
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter on low heat and lightly butter a cupcake or muffin tin.
- With your hands or a rolling pin, flatten the toast.
- With a large cup or cookie cutter, cut out circles from the toast (about 4 inches in diameter).
- Then cut the circles in half and press the halves into each cupcake pan overlapping slightly (1 circle per well). Fill any holes with leftover pieces of bread.
- Brush bread with remaining melted butter.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until almost crisp.
- Lay 1 bacon slice into each bread cup and crack an egg over each.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are just set 15-20 minutes.
Post a Comment